Frequently Asked Questions about the Directorate of Human Resources

Don't see your question here? Ask it.



    What do I do if I lost my military ID?

    All active-duty service members must provide either a counseling statement from their unit or a lost/stolen memorandum from the Directorate of Emergency Services, which will request a counseling statement. There are exceptions to this rule; please contact the ID Card Section to receive additional instructions.

    Federal employees (including contractors) must provide a letter from their CAC sponsor confirming the CAC was lost or stolen. The memorandum must have the agency's letterhead, full name, approximate lost date, circumstances and signature block. All customers must provide a police report or a letter from the CAC sponsor confirming the CAC was lost or stolen.

    Visit the ID Card Section's website for more information and identification requirements.

Connect with us

Need assistance?

See something suspicious?