** The Fort Meade Housing Division will be closed on Fridays through the furlough period of 11 weeks starting Friday, July 12, 2013. We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your patience.
Please note that the Corvias (Picerne) hours will not be affected by the furlough.
- Family housing is privatized through the Army's Residential Communities Initiative Program
- Click here for more details on RCI
- The Off-Post Housing Referral Office houses a variety of information to all service members and federal civilians to include:
- Current listings of apartments and homes for rent by property management companies and private owners.
- Current listings of set-aside properties
- Current listings of homes that are for sale
- Current listings of agents that may help in finding homes for sale and rent
- Location: 3081 Ernie Pyle St. Fort Meade, Md. 20755
- Hours: 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday - Friday
- Phone: 301-677-7748
- The Bachelor Housing Office hours are Monday through Friday 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Phone (301) 677-4783/2458.
- Applications are accepted at the Bachelor Housing Office, 6405 Simmons Road.
- Priorities of assignment are those who are key and essential to the installation and bonified bachelors.
- Geographical bachelors are no longer entitled unaccompanied facilities.
- Accommodations for permanent party personnel consist of 32 bachelor housing officer units, each containing a bedroom, living room, private bath, and kitchenette.
- In addition, there are 30 permanent party bachelor housing senior enlisted units, each containing a bedroom, living room, private bath, and kitchenette, and eight Centralized Barracks consisting of 576 barracks spaces.
- The Housing Division also oversees the operations, maintenance and repair for all unaccompanied housing assigned to the Defense Information School and the National Security Agency.
- Accommodations may be obtained at the Post Billeting Office, Brett Hall, Building 4707 on Ruffner Road.
- Phone: (301) 677-6529/5884
- There are 191 visiting officer/visiting enlisted units.
- The seven transient housing distinguished visitor quarters units each contain one or two bedrooms, living room, private bath, and kitchen or kitchenette. Forty-four of the regular transient housing units contain a bedroom, living room and private baths.
- All the remaining transient housing units are single rooms with shared baths except six single rooms with private bath.
- Permanent party officer and senior enlisted personnel arriving or departing the installation in PCS status may also stay at visiting officer/visiting enlisted quarters on a reservation basis (Not to exceed 30 days in the absence of permanent party bachelor housing and guest housing).
- Priority of assignment to bachelor and transient quarters is based primarily on category of personnel and date of application. Transient Housing operates 24-hours-a-day, seven-days-a-week.