- The Off-Post Housing Referral Office houses a variety of information to all service members and federal civilians to include:
- Current listings of apartments and homes for rent by property management companies and private owners.
- Current listings of set-aside properties
- Current listings of homes that are for sale
- Current listings of agents that may help in finding homes for sale and rent
- Location: 3081 Ernie Pyle St. Fort Meade, Md. 20755
- Hours: 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday - Friday
- Phone: 301-677-7748
- The Bachelor Housing Office hours are Monday through Friday 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Phone (301) 677-4783/2458.
- Applications are accepted at the Bachelor Housing Office, 6405 Simmons Road.
- Priorities of assignment are those who are key and essential to the installation and bonified bachelors.
- Geographical bachelors are no longer entitled unaccompanied facilities.
- Accommodations for permanent party personnel consist of 32 bachelor housing officer units, each containing a bedroom, living room, private bath, and kitchenette.
- In addition, there are 30 permanent party bachelor housing senior enlisted units, each containing a bedroom, living room, private bath, and kitchenette, and eight Centralized Barracks consisting of 576 barracks spaces.
- The Housing Division also oversees the operations, maintenance and repair for all unaccompanied housing assigned to the Defense Information School and the National Security Agency.
- Accommodations may be obtained at the Post Billeting Office, Brett Hall, Building 4707 on Ruffner Road.
- Phone: (301) 677-6529/5884
- There are 191 visiting officer/visiting enlisted units.
- The seven transient housing distinguished visitor quarters units each contain one or two bedrooms, living room, private bath, and kitchen or kitchenette. Forty-four of the regular transient housing units contain a bedroom, living room and private baths.
- All the remaining transient housing units are single rooms with shared baths except six single rooms with private bath.
- Permanent party officer and senior enlisted personnel arriving or departing the installation in PCS status may also stay at visiting officer/visiting enlisted quarters on a reservation basis (Not to exceed 30 days in the absence of permanent party bachelor housing and guest housing).
- Priority of assignment to bachelor and transient quarters is based primarily on category of personnel and date of application. Transient Housing operates 24-hours-a-day, seven-days-a-week.