Equal Employment Office
4432 Llewellyn Ave.
Fort Meade, MD 20755
Mission / Vison
Provide quality EEO programs, services, training, and advice to the Fort Meade community that sustains a discrimination-free workplace.
The Model employer with a diverse and effective workforce founded upon equality of opportunity.
What we do.
- Establish standards and ensure compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations.
- Advise all levels of management regarding EEO related issues.
- Process all EEO complaints of discrimination in accordance with applicable laws, rules and regulations.
- Provide proactive, on-going training and education programs regarding EEO and civilian employment issues.
- Develop and publicize Affirmative Employment Program (AEP) plans and manage implementation of the program.
- Direct, monitor and implement employment related career development actions for special emphasis groups.
- Develop and administer aggressive outreach strategies that promote mutually beneficial collaborative partnerships and relationships with Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs), Tribal Colleges and Universities (TCUs), and Hispanic Serving Institutions (HSIs).
- Equal Employment Opportunity is institutionalized as an integral part of the Fort Meade mission.
- EEO experts, who are responsive to the concerns of the Meade leaders and employees
- A work environment free from unlawful discrimination.
- A workforce that values diversity.
Special Emphasis Programs
- Special Emphasis Programs Overview
- Asian/Pacific American Employment Program
- Black Employment Program
- Federal Women's Program
- Hispanic Heritage Program
- Minority College Relations Program
- Native American/Alaskan Native Employment Program
- Programs for Individuals with Disabilities
Filing an EEO complaint
- Federal Agency Annual EEO Program Status Report
- Army Directive 2016-25 (Civilian Employee Redress for Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity Discrimination)
- Addressing Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity Discrimination in Federal Civilian Employment
- Reasonable Accommodation SOP
- Accommodating Employees with Disabilities
- The Computer/Electronic Accommodations Program
- Myths And Realities about People with Disabilities in the Workplace