- Army Education Services
- Elementary and secondary schools
- Colleges and universities
- School Support Services and School Liaison
8601 Zimborski Ave.
The Army Education Services Division provides adult continuing education programs and services for active duty and reserve service members assigned to or living near Fort Meade.
Adult family members, retirees and other government civilians are eligible to participate as space is available. Services include educational counseling and academic advising, Army Tuition Assistance to eligible personnel, the Defense Activity for Non-Traditional Education Services testing program, Army personnel tests program, and the multi-use learning facility.
1900 Reece Road
(301) 677-1227 or (301) 677-1177
Monday to Friday 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
School Support Services/School Liaison works under Child, Youth and School Services, Directorate of Family and Morale, Welfare and Recreation, partnering with area school communities addressing educational issues involving children of military families.
By partnering with local, state and military communities, the school liaison is able to access a wide variety of resources to provide assistance with issues concerning student transition and educational needs.
The school liaison acts as a link between the installation and the surrounding school districts. School Support Services advocates for military families in a variety of areas within the school system to include home school and special-needs children.
Seven public schools are located on Fort Meade, which is located in Anne Arundel County. The schools are governed by the Anne Arundel County School administration and are not Department of Defense Dependent System schools.
- West Meade Early Education Center
- Manor View Elementary School
- Meade Heights Elementary School
- Pershing Hill Elementary School
- MacArthur Middle School
- Meade Middle School
- Meade High School
- Baltimore City Public Schools
- Baltimore County Public Schools
- Carroll County Public Schools
- Howard County Public Schools
- Montgomery County Public Schools
- Prince George's County Public Schools
- Queen Anne's County Public Schools
- Talbot County Public Schools
According to the Maryland Higher Education Commission, Maryland is home to 57 colleges and universities and more than 175 private career schools. The University System of Maryland includes 13 individual institutions, 11 degree-granting campuses and two research and service components.
- University System of Maryland
- Bowie State University
- Coppin State University
- Frostburg State University
- Salisbury University
- Towson University
- University of Baltimore
- University of Maryland, Baltimore
- University of Maryland, Baltimore County
- University of Maryland, College Park
- University of Maryland Eastern Shore
- University of Maryland University College
- Morgan State University
- St. Mary's College of Maryland
- United States Naval Academy
- Community colleges
Visit the Maryland Higher Education Commission's website for more information about the state's other community colleges, four-year independent colleges and universities, two-year independent colleges and regional higher education centers.