Frequently Asked Questions about the Public Affairs Office

Don't see your question here? Ask it.



    How do I request a tour of Fort Meade?

    Tours of Fort Meade can be done for large groups of 15 or more people. Group transportation must be arranged by the tour requestor. Access coordination should be done in advance. All Fort Meade PAO tours are guided driving tours. The Installation Museum also offers a self-guided historic tour option. To request a tour through the Public Affairs Office, contact PAO at 301-677-1361.


    How can my business or organization help service members?

    Businesses and organizations can help Fort Meade in a variety of ways. There are advertising and sponsorship opportunities through Directorate of Family Morale Welfare and Recreation as well as volunteer opportunities through Army Community Service. Additionally, businesses and organizations can help promote Fort Meade events, offer military discounts or set up displays at various events.


    What is the Fort Meade Community Covenant Council?

    The Fort Meade Community Covenant Council is comprised of business, community and government organizations with an interest in addressing the needs, issues and concerns of service members, veterans, civilians and their families in the Fort Meade region.


    How do I request ceremonial support such as a color guard from Fort Meade?

    It is within the Department of Defense regulations to provide ceremonial support such as color guards, National Anthem vocalists and other accompaniments for some community events. Fort Meade can sometimes provide color guards and National Anthem vocalists in support of your event when schedules and regulations permit. To request support through Fort Meade, please call 301-677-1361 or email the request to Fort Meade.

    Additionally, requests can be made to the Military District of Washington's Community Relations Office for more unique ceremonial support such as band performances, service-specific or joint Color Guards, Drill Team performances and the U.S. Army Old Guard Fife and Drum Corps.


    How do I advertise in the SoundOff newspaper?

    Please call 410-332-6300 for more information.


    How do I request coverage of an event?

    Please call the Public Affairs Office at 301-677-5602 or email your request with the following information: What is the event? Where is it happening? When is it happening?


    How do I submit a brief to be published in the SoundOff newspaper?

    The deadline for SoundOff community "News and Notes" is Friday at noon. All submissions are posted at the editor's discretion and may be edited for space and grammar.

    For more information or to submit an announcement, call 301-677-5602.

Connect with us

Need assistance?

See something suspicious?