Staff Judge Advocate, Legal Assistance Division
4217 Roberts Ave.
Fort Meade, MD 20755
(301) 677-9536 or (301) 677-9504
Fax: (301) 677-9758
Hours of operations
- Monday - Friday: 8 a.m. to noon and 1 to 4 p.m. (closed for federal holidays, inclement weather conditions or unforeseen situations).
- Power of attorney drafting and notary services are available on a walk-in basis.
- Attorney consults require an appointment.
- We provide direct, confidential legal services to clients authorized in Army Regulation 27-3. These services include advice and assistance on legal separations and other family law matters, including wills and estate planning, landlord tenant problems, debt disputes, contracts, and other issues authorized under the regulation.
- Attorney consultations are by appointment only
- All clients must show valid military ID cards
- Fort Meade's legal assistance branch can not serve both parties in a conflict
- Members of the uniformed services of the United States and their family members
- Retired military personnel and their family members
- Survivors of members of the uniformed services who would be eligible if the service member were alive.
- Reserve Component personnel on active duty for thirty days or more are also entitled to legal assistance.
- If you are unable to be seen at the Fort Meade legal assistance office or prefer another office closer to you, here are your options:
- Area Legal Assistance Offices
- Legal Assistance Office Locator
- Wills and Estate Planning
- Legal Separations
- Divorce and Child Support
- Powers of Attorney
- Real estate
- Landlord / Tenant Disputes
- Consumer Problems
- Residency and Domicile
- FGGM REG 190-2: Protests,Picketing and other demonstrations
Other Military Legal Assistance Offices